Some obscure facts about me include:
- I was barred from a Dagenham pub (for a whelk and cockle food fight, if you must know). I blame the folk I was with: the story was that they’d previously managed to steal a full-sized pool table from the place – during opening hours.
- I dropped out (so much more dignified than flunking out) of teacher training college after 6 weeks. If you’re school-aged, be grateful. Very grateful.
- I worked for 16 years in defence science research. It’s ok to ask about it. The Head of Security says I won’t have to shoot you, though that could be in the belief that what I did will bore you to death.
- I was in an earthquake in Japan and didn’t realise till someone told me.
- My favorite books are: The Dancing Bear (Peter Dickinson), Rebecca (Daphne du Maurier), The Morgaine Trilogy (C J Cherryh) and Witches Abroad (Terry Pratchett). I highly recommend them all for their ability to transport you to another world. I even laughed out loud during a death bed vigil reading Witches Abroad… OK, that’s probably not recommended.